Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Aznavour, that's who.

Discovery is one of my favourite things. To discover something I've never heard or heard of before is always one of my great joys. Since I started listening to opening my ears to music from all over the world, I've been doing a lot of discovering. 
Take Charles Aznavour, he's basically a french Sinatra who I'd never heard of. I discovered this record when in Brussels a couple of years ago. I call it "record cover shopping" when I'm in a foreign country, because that's what I'm doing. I don't know any of the music, so I'm just looking for cool covers. This one had it, some sort of collection, comes from the 60's, pics of Aznavour with Dean Martin and Liza Minelli. How could I go wrong? I didn't, it's a fantastic record, sixties swing done "francais". A great discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment