Thursday, August 28, 2014

Take me anywhere

Tin Machine - Tin Machine
I love this record. All of the Tin Machine stuff I'm a fan of, but the first record is so good. My affinity for it has to do with timing as well. I was there when it happened, 17 years old and following Bowie for a couple of years already. It was so new, so loud, so cool, so brilliant. I was never a fan of the way the 80's sounded, especially then. Things were so drab, that's why I ended up digging back into music history. 
This is one of those records that just sounded good. It's a little reverb heavy, but nothing that drowns the music. And that music is so good, the fresh energy that inspired the project is in full effect. To me, this was the new Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, they were just called Tin Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment